I’m really not too moody today (I had a visit with my therapist 🙂 ) So not much to write for Moody Monday, but I did have a pretty good lunch. So I thought I would share my recipe for Tuna-Egg salad. Thrown on some toasted Italian bread with a few lettuce leaves, it makes a very tasty sandwich! Here’s what to do.
- Boil 3 eggs. (The best way I have found to boil eggs that come out easy to peel is to put them in a pot and cover with water. Add about a tsp of vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Immediately transfer to a bowl and cover with ice. Put in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.) After they are cooled, peel, chop and put into a bowl.
- Open a can of tuna and drain. ( I used Trader Joe’s albacore solid white tuna) Add to bowl.
- Chop up 1/2 stalk of celery and 1/2 an onion. Add to bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp dill weed and some pepper.
- Add about 1/2 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise.
- Mix well
- Make yourself a nice sandwich!