“Tis the season for baking cookies!” (Well not for me usually. I let my sister do that since she is a way better baker than I could ever be.) But this is one recipe I never go wrong with.
Mom’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. (Makes a very light cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup salad oil, 1 cup (real) butter melted, 2 eggs, and 2 tsp (real) vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift in 4 cups flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 4 tsp cream of tartar, and 1 tsp salt. (I find it easier to sift in one cup of flour at a time, including part of the soda, tartar and salt. This way you don’t get that salty, soda taste in the cookie)
- Stir in one bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon on a cookie sheet. (I have terrible cookie sheets, so I usually line them with parchment paper or wax paper).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place on Parchment paper to cool.
Let me know if you try this and like it.